As of Thursday 14th May we will be operating at level 2 Guidelines
What does this mean for you the golfer
1. The golf course, changing room will be open at Alert Level 2. The Bar will not open until after 22st May. The Lounge will only be open during bar operating hours.
2. All staff, players, visitors must sign the contact tracing register if entering the premises
3. All staff, players, visitors must adhere to general government advice; particularly all recommended hygiene measures.
4. Physical distancing (2 metres encouraged) between all staff, players and visitors should be maintained. Distancing should be maintained on the golf course and throughout all club facilities.
5. Groups of guests in the clubhouse must be limited to 10 people per group. All groups should be seated, have separation from other groups, and be served by a single server if possible. Golfers should only sit with the group they played golf with and in any event, as part of a group that is strictly no more than 10 people in size.*
General Golf Playing Guidance
1. All players should wash and dry their hands before and after play.
2. Groups of golfers should maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres between themselves and other groups on the course.
3. Club events and competitions can be held so long as there is strict adherence to hygiene, distancing and gatherings regulations.
4. The national handicap system will be operational, physical scorecards should be avoided if possible. If scorecards are used, exchanging of cards should not occur.
5. Pins / flagsticks will be on the course however they should be left in the hole and should not be touched or removed by any player.
6. Bunker rakes can be on the course however a local rule will be provided by New Zealand Golf for bunker play should clubs not want to have bunker rakes on the course.
7. On course fountains and toilets should not be used
8. Any shared club equipment must be cleaned and sterilised after each use.
To abide by these guidelines STRATFORD GOLF CLUB has adopted the followings rules and procedures
LOCAL RULES OF GOLF - SGC
In keeping with the requirements to stay safe and maintain good Health & Safety practices, the following local rules need to be adhered to.
A maximum of 4 players per playing group.
Only One group of players on a tee at any one time.
Maintain social distancing on the course as far as practicable.
Patience is a virtue. It will be needed in these times. Wait for others to clear tees, greens etc.
Slow play will become the norm. Allow it .
Mark your own card. You can also keep your partners score on your card, as a check.
Sanitise your hands and touch screen before and after using card printing facilites
Scorecards need only be signed by the player keeping the card.
Do not share clubs or other equipment. Take care in Carts.
On course, do not remove the pin from hole. Hitting it is enough to count as long as putting on green. Other flukes are the norm.
Tee Bookings MUST be made before play
DO NOT ENTER CLUBHOUSE WITHOUT WASHING YOUR HANDS.
TEE BOOKINGS - MUST BE MADE BEFORE PLAY
The tee booking system will continue for contact tracing purposes. As of Level 2 any person may book a tee time be either using the DOT GOLF APP, the touch screen kiosk, or online at NZ GOLF WEBSITE. If you don't have access to computer facilities or are struggling to make a booking then any one of our DOT GOLF ADMINISTRATORS can help you make a tee booking.
DOT GOLF ADMINSTRATORS
Secretary - 0276202106
President - 0274814648
Mens Club Captain - 0211722101
Ladies Club Captain - 0225312025
Mens competition golf will resume on the 6th June - below is the revised program
REVISED MEN’S PROGRAMME 2020
SAT 6 WELCOME BACK COVID 19 STABLEFORD. OVER 19 HOLES.
SAT 13 SPEDDING & ENNIS QUALIFYING. NETT. AUSTEN YARNDLEY CUP. BEST NETT ON DAY. ARMSTRONG CUP. BEST GROSS ON DAY.
SAT 20 SPEDDING & ENNIS CUPS. ROUND 2. NETT. FEDEX CUP RD 3.
SAT 27 SPEDDING & ENNIS CUPS. ROUND 3. NETT. MATCHPLAY SEEDING ROUND.
SAT 4 MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS. RD 1. WEEKLY HAGGLE FOR REST.
SAT 11 MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS. RD 2. WEEKLY HAGGLE FOR REST.
SAT 18 MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS. RD 3. WEEKLY HAGGLE FOR REST.
SAT 25 MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS. FINALS. WEEKLY HAGGLE FOR REST.
SAT 1 SPARE DAY
SAT 8 CAPTAINS TROPHY. STABLEFORD RD 1. FEDEX CUP RD 4.
SAT 15 CAPTAINS TROPHY. STABLEFORD RD 2.
SAT 29 TOP DOG QUALIFYING. In pairs best nett on hole.
SEPTEMBER ONWARDS. AS PER ORIGINAL PROGRAM.